Call it the iMartini Hour. You know we like to sit around, shoes off, sipping cocktails with our our good friends Chris Breen and Ben Long, talking about things that start with with a lowercase i. In case you hadn’t heard, there’s this device called the iPhone. Some guy (Steve… something) unveiled something about a new one just this week. Well, turns out iChris and iBen specialize in the thing…Super-specialize, actually, in that they teach a super-session at Macworld Expo all about the iPhone. So we sync our brains to theirs this week, and learn a thing or two about how to enhance our iPhone experience.
From now until June 15, these are the hottest tips you need.
- Text tips: Add those diacritical marks (like umlauts, which apparently our web interface doesn’t know how to do).
- Typing tips: “Typing only counts when you let go.”
- Swearing tips: Like if you want to swear, how to teach the iPhone to learn that you don’t really mean “duck” when you mean something else. (And that reminds me to re-apologize to my friend who I inadvertently cursed at during the taping of this show.)
- Syncing tips: Did you know you can sync different types of content from different computers?
- Spam-Avoidance tips: Chris has a workaround.
- Paper-Trail Preservation (or Eradication) tips: Save your text conversations and more, or not if you live a “Tiger” lifestyle.
- Get Outta Jail Free with a Pineapple tips: Jailbreaking vs unlocking with jailbreaking ninja Ben Long.
- Connectivity tips: Because sometimes you want the thing to WORK AS A PHONE!
All this, and a toast to the poor schmo at Apple who lost his iPhone. Here’s the regular-quality (128kbps) audio file. You can stream, or for best results, right-click and choose Download or Save. For you audiophiles out there, the high-rez will be here shortly. Be sure to download, don’t stream. And don’t forget the usual suggestion to subscribe via iTunes.