Greetings from sunny (at least for today) but chilly Buffalo, NY. Deke’s here presenting four sessions at the CanAm Photo Expo—the 53rd annual gathering of the Niagara Frontier Regional Camera Club. We’re told that things are going to get pretty crazy later tonight down by the toasty warm indoor pool area.
I’ve ducked in to that pool area twice today when I just couldn’t get the Buffalo chill out of my California bones. But Deke won’t be by the pool tonight. He’s preparing and resting for the (count ‘em) four dekeTastic sessions he’s presenting tomorrow. I know, lucky Niagaran Frontier Photo Folk get to spend all day with Deke, if they wish.
Each session is based on a theme that’s informed by a curated collection of Deke’s Techniques. I thought I’d gather everything here so that the friendly, enthusiastic participants in Deke’s audience tomorrow will have an easy place to go for more information, so that those of you not here enjoying the Niagarian icy sunshine can follow along at home, and (mostly) so that Deke doesn’t have to memorize multiple complex URLs to share at the end of each session tomorrow. (For those of you not here, it’s like a little taste of live Deke without the wind chill factor.)
Click Read More to get a list of links to watch the movies at lynda.com. (Many of these movies are free at lynda.com, but if you’re not a member and you run across an exclusive movie you’d like to watch, you can get a free week’s trial membership by going to lynda.com/deke.) You’ll need to be a member of dekeOnline to jump to the list, but hey, that’s always free (sign up here).
Session 1: Camera Raw for Preliminary Post-Processing
- Deke’s Techniques 231: Reducing noise in a high-ISO shot with Camera Raw
- Deke’s Techniques 294: Mastering Exposure in Camera Raw
- Deke’s Techniques 295: Super smooth and unflinchingly sharp photos
- Deke’s Techniques 216: Defringing in Camera Raw 7
- Deke’s Techniques 204: Artificially coloring in Camera Raw
Session 2: Taking the ordinary and making it extraordinary
- Deke’s Techniques 292: Enlarging a low-res photograph
- Deke’s Techniques 293: Enlarging a photo by tracing in Illustrator
- Deke’s Techniques 288: Upsampling a layered composition
- Deke’s Techniques 289: Rebuilding a pattern at a higher resolution
- Deke’s Techniques 302: Cleaning up a smart phone photo (Coming Soon!)
Bonus: Thanks to the audience member (Bob, is that you?) for the question about using the High Pass filter for sharpening. Here’s a link to a movie from Deke’s Photoshop CC One-on-One: Intermediate course to hear more about Sharpening with the High Pass filter.
Session 3: Specialty Photography - Compositing, Panorama Stitching, and GoPro Processing
- Deke’s Techniques 158: Cloning yourself in Photoshop
- Deke’s Techniques 159: Lighting the clone party
- Deke’s Techniques 297: Correcting a distorted panorama
- Deke’s Techniques 298: Rebuilding bad stitching in a panorama
- Photoshop Creative Cloud Updates: 03-02 Stitching together an aerial panorama (GoPro)
Session 4: Photoshop for Fun and Function
- Deke’s Techniques 132: Add a photographic texture to vector type
- Deke’s Techniques 054: Changing the Color of a Car Deke’s Techniques 300: Blending a shadow into any background (Coming Soon!)
- Deke’s Techniques 238: Colorize any layer with Color Overlay
- Deke’s Techniques 296: Deleting an inadvertent photobomber
- Deke’s Techniques 229: Correcting an underwater photograph
Many of these movies are free at lynda.com, but if you’re not a member and you run across an exclusive one you’d like to watch, you can get a free week’s trial membership by going to lynda.com/deke.